Wednesday, 15 May 2013


I am trying to make more things and surf less on the internet. I can spend hours and hours on Pinterest and all the crochet websites.
It is actually such a waste of time, although I do learn a lot by looking at the designs, and looking at the stitching technique etc.

On my to make list was this coaster. (pattern here)
I needed one for my teapot. I wanted it to be round. I really liked this one. The colors are very nice. I was not to sure what size it would become but it turned out just right: 13cm. That's without the scalloped outer edging.

Following the pattern I noticed that the coaster was not flat: it curled quite a bit after the 5th and 6th row. I did continue to follow the pattern literally but intended to make the next one a bit different. The last step of row 6, the CH1, 3DC, CH1 seems a bit to wide. I might try 4DC without the two CH1s. When the coaster was finished it looked actually not as bad as I thought it would.

Another thing I changed:
When joining the two layers the pattern says both back sides should be together, but I changed it: both layers have the nice side up. I will never use it upside down anyway.

For some reason the bottom piece ended up having 92 stitches in stead of 96, so the points of the star were 11 or 12 stitches apart. Doesn't really matter: you cant see it anyway. But it does annoy me that I made a mistake somewhere. This time I am not going to look for it. :D

Phildar Coton 3 turquoise and ecru, 3mm hook

No comments:

Post a Comment